When building a hardscape to enhance your outdoor living spaces, there is a risk that your hardscape features will appear flat with no defined separation. One way you can separate spaces within your hardscape and add a vertical element to the design is by incorporating retaining walls. Retaining walls can be used to enclose areas like patios and outdoor kitchens and border driveways, walkways, and gardens.
Pavestone Brick Paving, Inc. is a retaining wall builder that can help design and install retaining walls in Arlington Heights, IL. We can add retaining walls to your hardscape that help define your outdoor living spaces while blending seamlessly with the current hardscape features. We are also a Unilock and Rochester Authorized Contractor and can offer a wide range of products from these manufacturers to build your retaining walls.
Incorporating retaining walls into your hardscape can have the following benefits:
- Adds vertical element: Retaining walls add a vertical element to your hardscape for more dimension and depth as patios, walkways, and other features tend to be flat. Retaining walls can also include features like pillars, islands, lights, seat walls, and more.
- Define spaces: You can create a degree of separation and further define spaces by enclosing patios, outdoor kitchens, and walkways with retaining walls.
- Incorporate planter: Retaining walls can enclose gardens and raise planter beds which allows you to add some green to your outdoor living spaces.
Brick Retaining Wall Installation
We are a brick retaining wall contractor that can design and install retaining walls seamlessly into your hardscape. As a Unilock contractor, we have many different styles, colors, sizes, and textures of brick pavers to choose from to help you create a retaining wall that matches your vision. The interlocking brick pavers create a sturdy structure and require little maintenance.
You can create a classic look with traditional-style brick pavers or choose pavers with unconventional shapes and colors for a more modern look. The design of your retaining walls can also include lights, pillars, and other features to enhance their appearance and function. Our professionals can assist with the design and installation of your retaining walls and help you choose the best brick pavers for your design.
Stone Retaining Wall Installation
Pavestone is a stone retaining wall contractor that can design and build retaining walls made from natural stone slabs. We offer Unilock natural stone pavers that come from rock formations around the world, including granite, limestone, bluestone, and sandstone. You can choose from a variety of natural stone slabs in different colors, textures, shapes, and sizes to create your desired aesthetic.
Retaining walls made from natural stone slabs have the following benefits:
- Durability: Natural stone can resist damage such as chipping, cracking, and fading which makes them highly durable.
- Versatility: Natural stone pavers can be used for a number of hardscape features including retaining walls, patios, pillars, and walkways.
- Beauty: The range of natural beauty of our stone pavers allows you to create a bold or rustic aesthetic.
- Cost-effective: Natural stone can be less expensive than other materials and they are very durable with little maintenance required.
Retaining Wall Design
The design and placement of your retaining walls within your outdoor living space is important to add depth and definition to your hardscape. Our professionals can help with the design and placement of your retaining walls to best suit your hardscape.
The design includes determining where to install the retaining walls, the shape and size of the wall, materials, and other features such as lights and pillars. As we work with you to finalize the design, we will create a digital 3D full color rendering of the design so you can see how the retaining wall will fit into your hardscape before the installation begins.
Retaining Wall Repair and Maintenance
Even though brick and natural stone retaining walls are quite durable, it is still possible for them to experience damage and wear and tear. We can help keep your retaining walls in their best shape with our repair and maintenance services.
The following are included with our retaining wall maintenance and repair services:
- Repairs, re-sets, and re-level: If the brick or natural stone pavers become damaged, loose, or out of place, we can re-set or re-level the pavers and repair or replace those that are damaged.
- Seal coating: We can protect brick pavers and natural stone from weathering, stains, and dirt buildup with seal coatings.
- Cleaning and power washing: We can power wash brick and stone pavers to remove dirt and restore their original appearance.
Retaining Wall Installation from Pavestone
You can add depth and definition to your outdoor living spaces with retaining walls. Our professionals at Pavestone can help you design and install retaining walls and incorporate them seamlessly into your existing hardscape.
You can call Pavestone at (847) 895-7004 for retaining wall installation and maintenance in Arlington Heights, IL.
Read Our Testimonials
We just had our old concrete patio replaced with a beautiful paver patio and we LOVE it! We used Mario who was wonderful, and I would highly recommend! He was extremely responsive to our phone calls and questions and everyone we worked with was extremely professional. Mario sat with me for over an hour as we made our decision on the perfect stones to match our yard and the siding and roof, and when it came time to do the installation, the staff couldn’t have been nicer and efficient! We love our patio so much and had such a great experience that we want to add on a fire pit, seating area, and built in grill for next year!
Ricky and his crew truly delivered. From the planning stages through completion Ricky was responsive, timely and gave us a clear expectation of all aspects of the project. The project started on time and finished on schedule. The installation crew did a great job making sure everything was done right and kept everything as clean and organized as possible while the project was going. We are thrilled with our new patio.
Mario at Pavestone is the best. He was a pleasure to work with. We didn’t know exactly what we wanted in a paver patio but Mario was patient with us and talked through a few designs, showed us the unilock catalog and helped us narrow it down. He gave insightful recommendations and never made us feel rushed or pressured and definitely no upselling!!! If you want proper old school customer service just ask for Mario. Once we scheduled the work, they had a crew of about 5 or 6 and it only took them 4 days. The attention to detail was wonderful. They laid down plywood to make sure they didn’t destroy the grass in-between the house. They were prompt and cleaned up every day. They did a fantastic job and did not rush through any of it. We couldn’t be happier. We LOVE our beautiful patio from Pavestone!